Your website is the face of your brand, and there’s no way that you can compromise on this. Most new website owners and smaller brands often end up choosing companies that have little experience but offer big discounts, which is a wrong practice in the first place. If you are looking for robust website that stands for its design, below are some of the things you need to check.
- Start with their work. Websites are of different kinds – right from ecommerce portals to small company websites. Check the work of a company to know the kind of experience they have in the field.
- Check their website. If a company claims to design great websites, they must have done a good job with their own website. Check if their portal is browser compatible and has responsive design – two important aspects of every website.
- Ask what they need. Before a designer can design your website, they will need a few things, including the color scheme, logo, images and content. Long before you look for a Portland Web Design Company, make sure that you check these aspects.
- Check the price. When it comes to web design quotes, the pricing policies can be different. A good discount is always welcome, but there’s a standard for the prices, depending on where you stay. You need to ask for a quote in advance, which should be inclusive of everything.
- Knowing about support is essential. After the website has been designed and launched, you may need support for a number of things. A good designer will offer at least one month of free support from the date of the launch. If you need continuous tech support, you might want to get a different quote for the same, which is typically a yearly contract.
- Ask for references. A good company will never shy away from showing their work or giving past references. This is extremely relevant and can give you a good idea of the kind of work they have done so far and how well they are known in the industry.
- Finally, check their other services. Can the company handle content and marketing requirements? Can they offer SEO assistance as required? While these are often available from other services, having one company to do it all is always advantageous.
Check online now to find a few good services in your city, and don’t shy away from asking relevant questions.